Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tuesday, January 16 (marter, 16 de enero)

Computer Problems ... I am currently having major keyboard problems and this has made it much more difficult to post regularly. Almost all of my computer time lately has been spent trying to correct the problem, to no avail. Suddenly last week I lost the use of the a key, the b key, the n key and the left shift key. I have given up trying to fix it myself and am going to take it to a local computer shop. I suspect I will have to buy an external keyboard until I get back to the states. To post today, I loaded the pictures using my computer and then had to switch to a public keyboard for the text. If any of you out there have had this sort of problem, please let me know by emailing me at prbeachbum@hotmail.com.

Rain ... The almost constant rain continues here. It has rained an incredible amount since about the 1st of December, but for the past couple of weeks, it has rained more than it has not been raining. This has created a huge mosquito problem for everyone. My apartment requires spraying two or three times a day. I can only imagine how frustrated the tourists who paid their money for a short vacation are. Beach time has been very limited and everything pretty much shuts down when it is pouring down rain. I guess I should not complain as it is 10 degrees farenheit in Missouri right now and everything is covered with ice from the storm over the weekend.

A day at the beach with Carolina ... Last week my novia Carolina and I made it to the beach for an afternoon. It rained off and on, but overall it was a very nice afternoon. Carolina and I have been together when I am here, for over a year now. She is a good girl from a very nice family in La Cieniga, near Cabarete.

There were lots of tourists on the beach.


This is a popular spot near the Jungle Juice Bar.

Carolina.

Rain clouds over Mt. Isabel.

Brand new trae de bano (swim suit).

The water is cold this time of year, but it doesn't seem to bother the tourists. Those of us that live here pretty much stay out of the water.

She caught me watching the girls walking by.

This is what we are dealing with down here right now. Oh well it beats the freezing cold up north.

Word For The Day ...

Forever ... Siempre

Life is Good (but I wish it would quit raining and my computer would start working).

Hasta Luego

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home