Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thursday, January 4 (jueves, 4 de enero)

The holiday season is past and finally things are settling back into a routine. That is a good thing. I have not been very regular with my postings lately and must try to do better.

Prices for everything are going up as the new Dominican tax increase went into effect the first of the year. When you have learned the prices of basic commodities here as I have, the increase in the cost of things is immediately noticeable.

I have taken so many pictures of Sosua and the life here the past couple of months. If you are reading this and have anything you would like for me to concentrate my camera upon, please send me a comment because I am running out of ideas.

Am thinking of taking some day trips to surrounding communities like Montellano, La Union, Puerto Plata, Sabaneta, Gaspar Hernandez, Navarette and possibly Rio San Juan. Lately I have been taking pictures of a beautiful family I am acquainted with in La Cieniga.

Sosua Bay and Sosua BeachToday more pictures of the beach and the sea here in Sosua.











Liga Grandes Dominicano … Seven games into the semi-final round-robin playoff, it is definitely a three-team race for the two entries into the final playoff round. Last night Gigantes de Cibao kept los Toros de Azucareros winless 6-2. Aguilas de Cibañeas continued their season-long domination over archrival los Tigres del Licey 8-6.

At present los Gigantes are on top with 6 wins and 1 loss. Las Aguilas are in second at 5-2. Los Tigres are still in the race with 3 wins and 4 losses. Los Toros appear out at 0-7. The top two finishers will qualify for the finals which is a best 5 out of 9 playoff.

Words For The Day …

todavia (toda via-accent on the last syllable) … still or yet

en vez deinstead of

La Vida Es Bueno … Mas Luego

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home