Saturday, January 06, 2007

Saturday, January 6, (sabado, 6 de enero)

Minor accident yesterday ... The motoconcho I was riding on was sideswiped by a taxi downtown in Sosua. My left leg hit the driver's side mirror and my left foot hit his door. Fortunately the only thing injured was the little toe on my left foot. I guess if you are going to get hurt, your little toe would be the ideal location. Nevertheless it is swollen, bruised and very sore. Wearing my tennis shoes is impossible. The moto did not go down so it was a minor accident.

Sabaneta ... Yesterday I went to Sabaneta with my novia to buy a swim suit for her. It is worth the trip for the savings. Her trae de bano (swim suit) cost $150 pesos. In Sosua, it would have cost 3 or 4 times that. It was a rainy day and I did not take my camera. I want to return soon, walk around the little town and take pictures. Sabaneta is the first little town east of Cabarete along the coast.

Today more pictures of the trees and flowers in Sosua....

This bush was full of beautiful white flowers. I am not sure what they are.

We call this a hibiscus in the states. I am not sure what the spanish name for these colorful flowers is. Possibly hibisco?

There are lots of Norfolk Pines here in la Republica Dominicana.

These bougainvillas are everywhere. The are seen in a variety of colors.

More hibiscus.

Dominican Baseball ... Last night las Aguilas de Cibaenas won a big game over los Gigantes de Cibao. The score was 6-2. In the other game, las Tigres del Licey defeated los Toros de Azucareros 3-2.

With the win las Aguilas move into 1st place, 1 game ahead of los Gigantes and 2 games ahead of Licey. Los Toros remain winless through 9 games.

There are no games tonight and play resumes Sunday. Las Aguilas will be at home in Santiago against Los Tigres del Licey. Los Toros will be in San Francisco de Macoris for a game against Los Gigantes.

Word For The Day... Abanico

Abanico ... fan

A good floor fan is a requirement for me. I have never used air conditioning here in the tropics. I rely on my ceiling fan y yo tengo un abanico muy bueno de piso (I have a very good floor fan). I rely on it for a breeze in the apartment and more importantly to keep the mosquitos away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home